Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Moo-Cow & Blanket

          I woke up the other morning, and I look over and my Moo-Cow is lying next to me and I was sleeping with my favorite monkey blanket that my Grandma got me. It always seems like there’s something that someone has in their bed that they sleep with every night, whether they like to tell you or not. It could be a pillow to an old stuffed animal or baby blanket. I like to sleep with my Moo-Cow and monkey blanket.

          My Moo-Cow is a newer stuffed animal I got. I won him at the fair this year playing that bulldozer game. He’s fuzzy and soft with brown spots. His head is a bit large for his small body, but he’s a cute cow. I’ve always had some sort of stuffed animal I sleep with, but they usually get replaced throughout the years. My blanket, on the other hand, is something I try to take with me always. I got my purple monkey blanket from my Grandma one year for Christmas, and since then I always like to sleep with it.

          People may not like to admit that they have a stuffed bear that their Mom gave them when they were a kid, or a small yellow baby blanket that they like to sleep with, but I’m okay with letting people know. I think it’s a normal thing to have something with you at night. It could even be a nightlight that plugs in to your wall.

          I think the big thing with why we have stuffed animals, blankets, or pillows that we sleep with is it’s a comforting thing to have with you, and usually these things have meaning to them. Our family or friends buy us these blankets when we’re born, or stuffed animals when we’re sick or scared, because they are supposed to help comfort us. From that point on, we just can’t get rid of them. It’s just something that sticks with us from then on. That’s how it’s like for me and my stuffed animals, and especially with my monkey blanket.

1 comment:

  1. As a mom..I love hearing your blog! I do not see anything wrong with this and I hope my kids do the same thing when they are older! It's always good to be feel as though your being comforted! I myself have quilts ( home made by my mom) and I use them even in summer, cold or not! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete