Sunday, October 2, 2011

Concerts!

                Yesterday my friend’s band played at the EBCO center in Sheboygan. Unfortunately I had to work, so I missed them play, but I got to see them at my other friend’s house afterwards. They told me the show was epic though.

                Concerts and shows have always been something I like to attend ever since I went to my first concert in 2007 for my birthday. I went to go see Papa Roach at Summerfest with a couple friends of mine, and it was an amazing experience. I not only got to see one of my favorite bands at the time, but I also got to experience the crowds, people watching, and live music of Summerfest. Ever since that concert I’ve been going to Summerfest and Warped Tour every year along with other concerts at The Rave, and local shows in Wisconsin.

                When I go to a concert, it’s always a different experience, but every time I’m happy because I get to see my favorite bands play live and I get to sing along and see how they are live compared to on their CD. For different bands I see, there’s always a different atmosphere. For example, when I went to Lady Gaga, people were dressed in all different attires mimicking Lady Gaga herself, and the concert itself was like a musical telling a story along the way. When I go to see my favorite metal bands though, more people are wearing black, and there’s a lot more ‘throwing down’ and moshing. I would say I listen to a wide variety of music, so I’ve seen all sorts of people from Lady Gaga and Britney Spears to The Devil Wears Prada, Underoath , Yellowcard, and Panic! At The Disco. Each concert is the same with large crowds and everyone dancing and singing, but they are all different and fun in their own way.

                Dancing and singing at the concerts are fun, but concerts are also a way I can hang out with my friends and meet new people while I’m at it. Especially when I go to local shows around town, like the one in Sheboygan yesterday, I get to see all of my friends, some I see every day, and some that I haven’t seen in a while. I get to catch up with everyone, and we’re all in an atmosphere we’re comfortable with which makes it much more fun. I get to hear my friends’ bands play, dance, and socialize with all the friendly people there. Concerts are amazing to see especially when they’re one of your favorite bands, but it’s not only fun to dance and sing, I like how they are social events also and something everyone can experience together.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so awesome! I myself am learning to play guitar, doubt I'd ever get to the point where I could perform a concert :p anywho going to concerts is super awesome always worth the money I think! If the shows not the coolest the social experience is always super sweet!

    ReplyDelete