Sunday, October 16, 2011

Terror on the Fox

                Everyone has a fear, something that freaks them out or something that scares them. I’m a huge scardy cat, so I am afraid of a lot of things from small spaces to spiders and creepy crawlers and tornadoes. One thing that also scares me to death is things popping out in front of me and loud random noises banging, so obviously I am afraid of haunted houses. So guess what I finally did this Halloween…I conquered my fear of haunted houses.

                My boyfriend and I went to one on Friday night with one of my best friends and her boyfriend. We ended up driving to Green Bay to go to Terror on the Fox. When we pulled in, I was already creeped out because it was windy, dark, and raining outside. I drive into the grass parking lot and parked the car kind of far away. When I stepped out of the car I felt like I sank into the mud that was below my feet and then I heard loud music playing in the background. At this point, I was psyching myself out like I do about almost everything else.

                Even though I was psyching myself out and didn’t want to get onto the train, I reluctantly got on. I was scared when we started moving towards the houses, but my friends were telling me to just have fun with it. So when the guy started coming around and trying to scare people, I jumped a couple times, but I tried to just have fun with it. When we got to the actual houses that we were going to walk through, I started to freak out again. We walked up to the guy to show us the way and there was a guy with an axe next to him. He started to follow us, and I started to freak out again, and since he knew I was scared he picked on me the most. My friends said that they can’t touch you, so I wasn’t as scared, but then he started to touch the back of my legs with his axe while we walked to the front of the house. I kind of flipped out on him, so he ended up stopping.

                There were two houses we got to go through. The first one wasn’t bad, it was actually really cool with a circus freak theme with black lights and neon splattered paint everywhere. There was also a pitch black maze, and then some creepier rooms. I was never in the front or back of the line, so I didn’t get scared as much when they popped out, but I still jumped a little. Towards the end of each house I actually was surprised with myself because I started to have fun with it. We all were talking to the people in each room that were trying to scare us and I started to actually look in the rooms instead of having my face buried in my boyfriend’s back.

                I would say that this experience of facing a sort of fear I had, I guess, was really fun. I’m glad I got to do it with some of my close friends, and I’m happy that they dealt with my, excuse my language, bitchiness when I freaked out before going into each house. I think I’m ready to actually go to another haunted house! Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment